It’s one of my greatest joys to speak to women and walk toward growth together. Here are a few things I want you to know about me up front:
- Availability to you and your women is one of my highest priorities. I believe that some of the most important ministry happens when I’m not standing on a stage, so I’ll communicate with you before the event and will be accessible at the event for conversation and prayer.
- Partnership is how I view my relationship with event planners. You’re the lead partner, and I’m alongside to serve you and your women.
- Fresh content that unleashes your women’s passion for deeper relationships and greater delight in life is my commitment for your event.
For more information about my speaking and for information to take to your planning team, click here to download my speaker’s biosheet.
From Those Who Have Heard Her Speak
“Amy is an absolute joy! She took us on a journey through her stories that lead us right to the heart of Jesus. Amy came to us a speaker; she left as a friend.” ~Dianna Corson, Event Coordinator
“Amy’s humorous delivery and home-run direct-blow applications points are what make them so memorable and usable. I cannot say enough about her contagious passion for seeking God’s heart.” ~Kathy Parker, Conference Attendee
“Whether in a small group, classroom or conference setting, Amy easily relates to those around her with charm, humor, and the challenge of truth.” ~Barry Lane, Pastor
“Amy’s message is Biblically sound, relevant and powerful! Many of our ladies have said that she is their favorite speaker to date, and we so appreciated her teaching and accessibility.” ~Patty Baird, Event Coordinator
Topics & Booking
I’ve listed my current topics below with their descriptions. Please feel free to contact me through the contact form if you have any questions about these topics and how they might fit your event. Almost all of the topics can be done either as key-notes or retreats as needed for your event.
To book me for your event, please contact the Proverbs 31 Ministries office by clicking here. Karen Christian, our speaker coordinator, will contact you right away to hear your vision for your event and hammer out the details, then she’ll connect the two of us. I look forward to the opportunity to talk, plan and dream together!
Breaking Up with Perfect
It’s so easy to get side-tracked in the pursuit of earning acceptance, creating our own perfection and working to meet others’ expectations. Amy challenges “Good Girls” and “Never Good Enough Girls” to:
- Replace your best efforts with true goodness
- Reject wrong beliefs that lead you either to over-work or give up, and embrace God’s complete acceptance.
- Know God wants you to experience the joy of His closeness instead of the distance caused by shame.
Creating a Life That Counts
Our lives hold endless potential, and they’re meant to be invested. In this message, Amy urges women to evaluate their pursuits, choosing what truly fill us instead what leaves us hollow. She’ll challenge you to:
- Replace the empty pursuits of our culture with quests of substance.
- Build a deeper relationship with God by loving what He loves.
- Find true self-fulfillment through focusing on others.
- Abandon shallow relationships and build ones with impact through generations and into eternity.
Connected: Building Out of the Box Relationships
How is a busy woman supposed to build friendships? We were created for deep relationships and intimate connections, but there is a war against the very thing our souls crave. Amy uses personal stories and timeless truth to encourage you to:
- Gain a new perspective on what’s essential in deep friendships and build beyond shallow.
- Find a balance between Facebook and face time.
- Learn to move through life’s messiness with precious friendships intact.
Delighted: Living Life as a Friend of God
The idea of friendship with God sounds appealing but also a little daunting. How is it possible to have a real, daily, deep friendship with an inconceivably big God? Amy dives deep into John 15:9-15 to uncover the keys to the relationship for which we were all created. Through Biblical teaching, personal stories and practical applications, she will help you to:
- Battle our culture’s allure by knowing God’s superior benefits.
- See the delightful results of obedience instead of being mired in drudgery and duty.
- Step out of loneliness and disillusionment in human friendships into a forever friendship that never disappoints.
Un-Mixing Your Motives
There’s nothing like a calling to ministry to boil up every insecurity, emotion and impure motive under the surface. Amy weaves her own story of calling into a biblical teaching of doing the work of ministry with pure hearts. She encourages women in ministry to:
- Overcome mixed motives with the one motive God endorses.
- Recognize the poisonous outcomes of mixed motives and embrace the sweetness of pure ones.
- Experience the joy of operating in God’s plan instead of your own.
For women who love Jesus, sharing the Life they’ve gained through faith usually inspires a mix of emotion. We all desire to fulfill the call, spreading good news wherever we are, but that desire is often fused with a nervous, pounding heart and a suddenly still tongue. Amy faces the exact same learning curve. As a woman struggling to live the Life herself, she shares lessons learned along the way and leads you to:
- Embrace consistent speech and lifestyles instead of having “church speak” and “every day speak”.
- Overcome hesitancy with a vibrant personal story that ignites change.
- Increase fear-crushing confidence by using your experiences with God to make Jesus real for others.
King of Hearts: Jesus, Lover of a Woman’s Soul
Does God truly care about every season of a woman’s life? Amy follows Mary of Bethany and her close friendship with Jesus to find the answer to this question. Come away encouraged by Jesus’ extravagant love for Mary and how their relationship teaches you to:
- Increase your love for God and those around you instead of living in the distraction of busyness.
- Realize scripture can become a source of help for every area of your life by learning a simple study method.
- Find sources of strength and improve your responses during times of stress, disappointment and grief.
Chick Flicks: Lessons from the School of Sisterhood (Retreat or Keynote)
Have you ever longed for another woman who will invest in your life? Amy’s life has been transformed by the power of Christ and by the women that He has put in her path. This retreat addresses both women that God is calling to mentor and to those who long for a godly older woman to lead the way. Amy helps you to:
- Rediscover your need for connection to other women and eliminate loneliness.
- Identify the characteristics of a trustworthy mentor who will nurture you in your phase of life.
- Avoid the pitfalls of mentoring and become a mentor who makes a real difference in another woman’s life.
Feasting on Life’s Leftovers (Thanksgiving)
Sometimes a look at life leaves you feeling like you’ve been stuck with the leftovers. This session is an encouraging look at hurt, disappointment and suffering from a new perspective. Amy will encourage you by guiding you to:
- Realize even hard experiences aren’t wasted.
- Value each difficult circumstance as an opportunity for growth.
- Recognize the power of thankfulness in overcoming disappointment.
White Christmas: Holiday Housekeeping for the Heart
What is your standard for a wonderful Christmas? For many women, perfection is the standard by which we measure our holidays, but perfectionism sets us up for disappointment and struggle. Amy encourages you to:
- Embrace a new standard for measuring the success of the holidays.
- Experience the pleasure of Christmas with a focus on relationships.
- Express your true, inner self with joy and freedom instead of celebrating “like everyone else”.
With Us: A Christmas Message
Christmas is supposed to be a time of joy and togetherness, but it can be a struggle to overcome busyness and stress during the holidays. Amy has experienced the frustration of falling short, but she knows that the baby who was sent to us, Jesus, changes everything! In this session, she will share some of the lessons she’s learned and lead you to:
- Overcome holiday overload and preserve time to enjoy others.
- Jettison frustration by developing activities for real connection with family and friends.
- Experience the reality of God’s presence at Christmas instead of living in a blur.
Statement of Faith
It’s also important for your church to know what I believe. My heart’s desire is for us to be a good match! My personal Statement of Faith aligns with the one given on the Proverbs 31 Ministries site. I believe:
- One God in three persons — Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Jesus Christ’s deity, virgin birth, sinless humanity, substitutionary death, atoning blood, bodily resurrection and ascension to heaven
- The entire Bible is God’s infallible revelation to man
- Salvation by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone
- The resurrection of the body: eternal glory for believers in heaven and everlasting punishment for unbelievers in hell
- The one true church, the body of Christ, consisting of all believers
- Obedience to our Lord’s command to lead people of all nations to faith in Christ and to grow in Christ-likeness
- Christ’s personal return to establish His Kingdom on earth
- The Holy Spirit indwells and empowers believers and is given as a seal and a pledge of our inheritance in Christ Jesus