Happy Thursday, friends!
I’m so happy to be here with you today. I don’t know what it’s like for you outside, but the sun in shining in my heart when I think of all of us here– a gathering of girls who just want less perfectionism and more joy. That’s what I call freedom!
Freedom. What a beautiful word. It’s right up there with another word I love which is “celebrate”. Celebrate is one of those words that sounds like what it is– balloons, pink icing, and raucous-sounding party favors. Toward the end of last year, I had decided that “celebrate” would be my theme for my January blogs, but I got side-tracked.
I wanted to celebrate, but first I needed to heal.
Now I’m ready to celebrate, and I hope you are too! I’ve spent a lot of time talking about how tough 2016 was, but I want to move on. I’ve never been a wallower, and I don’t intend to start now. Jesus promised us abundant life, and I don’t want to settle for less,
Make sure to come back next week for a video I’ve been saving for months to share with you. I promise that when you watch it that you’ll fully enter into the mood to celebrate with me.
In the meantime, I want to give you a little assignment this week that I’ve been doing since the beginning of January that has lifted me out of any remaining funkiness and washed the wallow right off of me. Here are the steps:
- Choose a word for 2017 or dust off the one that you started with.
- Do a little scripture study of your word. You can type it right into BibleGateway.com to find all the verses that contain your word.
- Your word isn’t in the Bible? That’s ok! Choose a synonym or word that expresses the meaning of your word and search for it. ie. Your word is “sparkle”. Search “light”.
- Answer these questions and take some notes on one verse a day:
- What does it say? I just write out the verse word-for-word.
- What does it mean? Write down the main idea that God is trying to get across.
- What do I apply this? Write down an action step to make in your current circumstances based on the truth God showed you.
Next week, I’ll share the video and some insights God has been filling my heart with about my 2017 word.
Want extra inside scoop? Click here to watch this 4-minute video I made for Kathi Lipp’s blog!
Amy, I love this idea! I had forgotten about it but now I’m trying to narrow down my list? 2016 was not a good year for me for several reasons, but our Lord is faithful and loving! 2017 has been worse , so far, but again, God is good and He took care of us! Thank you for sharing yourself and your life with us! Blessings and love to you ??
Praying for just the right word for a fresh 2017 focus!
Amy, I’m happy to be here with you today, too! Thanks for the assignment and for your encouraging words! I really appreciate your blog and the Grit-n-Grace podcast. Now, off to think of my word for 2017……..
Do tell! Once you know what it is, I’d love to know.