It’s so exciting to make an impact with you! I’ve danced while watching the donations roll in for Designed for Joy, and I’m thankful for all of you who have already given to this wonderful cause. YOU, my friends, are making a real difference in the lives of real women.
Just a reminder that the matching challenge I’m sponsoring with some friends for Designed for Joy will end on Saturday. If you’ve just forgotten, feel free to donate now and skip the rest of the post. For all the new friends who joined us last week, keep reading for what we’re up to in this community!
Through Saturday, I’m hosting a matching challenge for donations to Designed for Joy, a nonprofit that creates dignified work for vulnerable women.
Your donations will always be welcomed, but you can make twice the difference when you combine your donation with mine. A win for us as we make an impact together, and a BIG WIN for the women coming out of vulnerable situations who will be paid a living wage ($15/hour) for dignified work.
If you missed my last blog post, are new to the community, or just want more information, here’s the skinny:
Fun Facts about Designed for Joy
- Designed for Joy (DFJ) is a transitional work experience for women coming from trafficking, homelessness, time in prison, overcoming addiction or other vulnerable situations.
- The title for the women working for DFJ is “Artisans.”
- They are trained to handcraft exquisite accessories like jewelry, purses, and travel kits for men. Make sure to give and shop!
- Artisans are paid $15/hour so that they can begin to provide the basics for their families– food, housing, medical care, school supplies, etc. This is a game-changer.
- Cary, co-founder of DFJ, is a partnership ninja. She partners with many local organizations who serve women to employ those who are pre-qualified and receiving training. These amazing groups are better together.
- Watch this video, a report from our local news station about DFJ’s growth, for more inspiration.
How to Double Your Impact
Barry and I have partnered with some friends to create a matching challenge. We’re matching up to $1200, but if our total is over $2400, please still donate. Your gift is treasured!
Think about it this way. $15 x ______ hours = your donation. Then we double it with the match! If you can give $15, you’ll cover a woman’s first hour of work, and we’ll cover the second. If you can give $105 (7 hours of pay), we’ll pay for 14 hours of work together.
Saturday is the last day for the match. Let’s make twice the impact together!
And the Winner Is…
My heart is OVERFLOWING after reading your stories of the women who have faithfully poured God’s Word into your life. If any of you need a pick-me-up today, make sure to read through the comments from my last post.
I seriously wish that I had a prize for every one of you who commented, but the winner, randomly chosen, is Deanna Crump (7.19.21 10:16 am). Congratulations, Deanna! I’ve sent you an email to request your mailing address, and I’ll send your books on the way when I’ve heard back from you.
If you didn’t win this time, stick around because I love doing giveaways on the regular. Or you can find all about my books and purchase them here.