I’m so ready for Christmas!
Except that I’m not at all ready for Christmas! I’m a last minute shopper who’s always scrambling around for ideas. If you’re the same way, I want to share some of my favorite gift books and some of the places I’ll be shopping this year.
My goal is to do the majority of my shopping in local businesses and fair trade organizations, but I’m such a book junky that I know I’ll be ordering a few gifts for my fellow book lovers.
My challenge to you today is to knock out at least one of the gifts that you need to buy from the links below. Get ready. Get set. Shop!
Christmas Books for Children
- The Tale of Three Trees retold by Angela Elwell Hunt
- Jacob’s Gift by Max Lucado
- Hillbilly Night Afore Christmas by Thomas Noel Turner
- The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree by Gloria Houston
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
Books for Children
- All God’s Children by Ken Ham
- Loved and Cherished by Lynn Cowell and Michelle Nietert
- The Colors of Us by Karen Katz
Books for Women
Shameless plug alert. 🙂 Also… pro tip: Breaking Up with Perfect might be the best gift you can give yourself this Christmas!
- Breaking Up with Perfect by Amy Carroll
- Exhale by Amy Carroll and Cheri Gregory
- Come with Me Devotional: A Yearlong Adventure of Following Jesus by Suzanne Eller
- Waking Up White by Debby Irving
Books for Speakers and Writers
Gifts for All
Kelly Stanley’s 2021 Prayer Calendar is an absolute delight, and it’s affordable too! (Lots of my peeps are getting one of these under the tree.)
Anything from Designed for Joy, a Raleigh non-profit that hires vulnerable women for dignified work at a living wage, is on my Christmas list! Here are some of my favs that your people would love too. Click on the graphic to see the item, but stay to peruse for other beautiful goodies and to read all about the good work of DFJ.
***Important Update: When I told my friend Cary, the founder of Designed for Joy, that I was sharing these things with you, she created a discount code for us!!! Enter AMY10 at the checkout to receive 10% off your purchase through November 30th. This discount is for all items on the website, not just these, and all proceeds go to help vulnerable women in Raleigh. Can you say #joyindesignedforjoy?!***
Announcement: The winner of the Kibbles and Coffee Giveaway from last week is Valerie Seaton. Congratulations, Valerie!