My current topics are listed below with their descriptions. Please feel free to contact me through the contact form if you have any questions about these topics and how they might fit your event. Many of the topics can be done either as keynotes or retreats as needed for your event.
To book me for your event, please contact the Proverbs 31 Ministries office. Karen Christian, our speaker coordinator, will contact you right away to hear your vision for your event and hammer out the contract details; then she’ll connect the two of us. I look forward to the opportunity to talk, plan and dream together!
**Note: Retreats are my absolute favorite! Extended time with your women including meal times and going deeper with multiple messages makes my heart beat fast with anticipation of what God will do.
Exhale: Lose Who You’re Not. Love Who You Are. Live Your One Life Well.
Do you feel like you’re suffocating under the pressures of being all things to all people? The pressure of filling every unfilled spot at church, work and home. The pressure of trying to do it all right, make decisions that benefit everyone else, and keep everyone happy. There’s a process that can release you from the unbearable weight. Then you’ll be able to live the combination we all long for–fulling the desires of your heart, loving your people well, and bringing glory to God.
Rather than adding more to your to-do list, in this retreat Amy will help you to:
- Move from running-on-empty to spent-and-content by investing your life in soul-filling ways.
- Lose the ill-fitting rolls you’ve been trying to fill so that you can be lighter and freer.
- Love your truest, God-created self with all your glorious gifts instead of trying to shove yourself into someone else’s mold.
- Live your one and only life in a way that you know truly matters.
- Lose Who You’re Not.
- Love Who You Are.
- Live Your One Life Well.
Breaking Up with Perfect
It’s so easy to get side-tracked in the pursuit of earning acceptance, creating our own perfection and working to meet others’ expectations. Amy challenges “Good Girls” and “Never Good Enough Girls” to:
- Replace your best efforts with true goodness
- Reject wrong beliefs that lead you either to over-work or give up, and embrace God’s complete acceptance.
- Know God wants you to experience the joy of His closeness instead of the distance caused by shame.
- Breaking Up with Perfect
- Killer Comparison
King of Hearts: Jesus, Lover of a Woman’s Soul
Does God truly care about every season of a woman’s life? Amy follows Mary of Bethany and her close friendship with Jesus to display the beautiful “yes!” to this question. Come away encouraged by Jesus’ extravagant love for Mary and how their relationship teaches you to:
- Increase your love for God and those around you instead of living in the distraction of busyness.
- Realize scripture can become a source of help for every area of your life by learning a simple study method.
- Find sources of strength and improve your responses during times of stress, disappointment and grief.
- Listen: Sitting with Jesus and Learning from Him
- Feel: Running to Jesus with Every Emotion
- Do: Pouring Our Blessings Out on Others
Becoming a Woman with a Tender Heart and Strong Voice
How do godly women speak up in godly ways? In today’s divided world, the noisy extremes make it appealing to seek comfort in silence. But God’s given each of us a place of influence where our voice is crucial. It might be your home, your neighborhood, your workplace, or even your wider community. We can combine a beautifully tender heart with a strong voice to make a difference. Using the story of Abigail from I Samuel 25, Amy will show you how to:
- Listen for details that others might miss so that you’re a solution-creator instead of a trouble-maker.
- Engage your feelings in a way that leads to discernment, not disaster.
- Do good that brings peace to the problems of your corner of the world.
- Speak into the heat of conflict with confidence and wisdom, bringing resolution and restoration.
How to Flip a Flop: Recovering from a Crushing Fail
As unique as we all are, we all have one thing in common. We’ve all experienced failures and flops. They’re definitely painful, but they don’t have to be fatal to the story of our lives. From the lessons learned in a difficult year of her life and the biblical account of Peter’s denials, Amy teaches you to:
- Exhale with the relief found in embracing the truth that “you’re only human”.
- See flops and failures as a chance to grow closer to God and others instead of disqualifiers to relationship.
- Experience the confidence and joy of knowing two sure ways to flip your flops.
Feasting on Life’s Leftovers
Sometimes a look at life leaves you feeling like you’ve been stuck with the leftovers. This session is a seasonal look at hurt, disappointment and suffering from a new perspective. Amy will encourage you by guiding you to:
- Realize even hard experiences aren’t wasted.
- Value each difficult circumstance as an opportunity for growth.
- Recognize the power of thankfulness in overcoming disappointment.
White Christmas: Holiday Housekeeping for the Heart
What is your standard for a wonderful Christmas? For many women, perfection is the standard by which we measure our holidays, but perfectionism sets us up for disappointment and struggle. Amy encourages you to:
- Embrace a new standard for measuring the success of the holidays.
- Experience the pleasure of Christmas with a focus on relationships.
- Express your true, inner self with joy and freedom instead of celebrating “like everyone else”.
With Us: A Christmas Message
Christmas is supposed to be a time of joy and togetherness, but it can be a struggle to overcome busyness and stress during the holidays. Amy has experienced the frustration of falling short, but she knows that the baby who was sent to us, Jesus, changes everything! In this session, she will share some of the lessons she’s learned and lead you to:
- Overcome holiday overload and preserve time to enjoy others.
- Jettison frustration by developing activities for real connection with family and friends.
- Experience the reality of God’s presence at Christmas instead of living in a blur.
From Those Who Have Heard Her Speak
“Amy is an absolute joy! She took us on a journey through her stories that lead us right to the heart of Jesus. Amy came to us a speaker; she left as a friend.” ~Dianna Corson, Event Coordinator
“Amy’s humorous delivery and home-run direct-blow applications points are what make them so memorable and usable. I cannot say enough about her contagious passion for seeking God’s heart.” ~Kathy Parker, Conference Attendee
“Whether in a small group, classroom or conference setting, Amy easily relates to those around her with charm, humor, and the challenge of truth.” ~Barry Lane, Pastor
“Amy’s message is Biblically sound, relevant and powerful! Many of our ladies have said that she is their favorite speaker to date, and we so appreciated her teaching and accessibility.” ~Patty Baird, Event Coordinator